Battery protection chip principle, the function of lithium battery protection chip -Lithium - Ion Battery Equipment
The protection function of lithium-ion batteries is usually completed by the protection circuit board and PTC and other current devices. The protective board is composed of electronic circuits, which accurately monitor the voltage and charge circuit of the cell at -40 ℃ to+85 ℃. The current of the current controls the flow of the current loop; PTC prevents bad damage to the battery under high temperature environment.
Principle of lithium -ion battery protection chip
1. Introduction to important components in the working principle of the chip: IC: It is the core of protecting the chip. First, the battery voltage is taken, and then various instructions are issued by judging. MOS tube: it is important to start with switching
2. Protect the normal work of the chip: The MOS tube on the protection chip may be in a correction state. After the battery is connected to the protective chip, the MOS tube must be triggered first. The P+and P-end have output voltage. B-and P-short.
3. Protecting chip protection: After connecting a suitable load on P+and P-, the lithium-ion battery pack began to discharge. When V is sampled and instructions are sampled, MOS1 is cut off, the circuit is disconnected, and the battery is protected.
5. Overcurrent protection: After connecting a suitable load on P+and P-, the battery starts to discharge its current direction such as i2, and the current from the battery's positive load, D2, MOS1 to the battery's negative electrode. The voltage that occurs through the VM pins to the sudden increase of the current. At this time, the IC samples and sends a instruction to make the MOS1 cut off. The circuit is disconnected and the battery is protected.
6. Short-circuit protection: After the load is connected over P+and P-, the battery starts to discharge the current direction such as i2, and the current is from the positive load of the battery, D2, MOS1 to the negative electrode of the battery. At this time, the voltage of the current is sampled and issued instructions to make MOS1 cut off, the circuit is disconnected, and the lithium -ion battery is protected.
The function of lithium battery protection chip
Normal state: When all lithium battery voltage is between overcharge detection voltage and over -detection voltage, and the voltage is in a normal working state between the overcurrent detection voltage and the abnormal charging detection voltage.
Over charging state: In normal state, any alien battery voltage is higher than the over -charging detection voltage, and exceeds the delay time of overcharge protection, and the output high -resistance state is disconnected from charging and entered the overcharge state. If the detected battery voltage is lower than the over -charging detection voltage exceeds over charge and delay, the delayed time accumulated will be reset, otherwise, the decline in the battery voltage will be considered as unrelated interference and the shielding will be blocked and shielded. Essence
Excessive discharge status: In normal state, any alien battery voltage is lower than overdential protection voltage, and exceeds the delayed delay time. The output low level is turned off and discharged into the protection state.
Lithium -ion batteries have large discharge and discharge current, low internal resistance, long life, and no memory effects. Lithium -ion batteries are strictly prohibited from charging, discharge, and short circuits in use. Fatal disadvantages, so a protective board will be brought to protect the safety of the battery in the use of a lithium -charged lithium -ion battery. The lithium -ion battery protective board is important consisting of over -pressure protection and overcurrent protection. It is used to protect the safety of lithium -ion battery cells. Device
In addition to controlling ICs, there is an important component in the circuit, which is MOSFET, which is used in the circuit. Since it is directly connected between the battery and the outside load Influence. In addition to controlling ICs, there is an important component in the circuit, which is MOSFET, which is used in the circuit. Since it is directly connected between the battery and the outside load Influence.